Level 1 = This fundamental material is intended for a broad audience of learners, of multiple cadres, who may provide care for patients with severe or critical illness, but may have little or no experience caring for severe or critically-ill patients and are usually not the primary decision maker for guiding care.
Level 2 = This intermediate material is intended for a more advanced audience of learners than level 1, with some experience caring for patients with severe or critical illness, and may not be essential for all practitioners who provide this level of care.
Level 3 = This advanced material is intended for an audience with significant experience caring for patients with severe and critical illness, including those who guide care decisions these patients.
Healthcare Provider Well-Being
Total duration: estimated 1-4 hour
By the end of these modules, you will be able to:
- Define what is stress
- Identify consequences of stress on personal and family life
- Recognize strategies and resources to help cope with stress
Toggle training levels to filter information, or hover over for more details.
All Skill Levels
Course on occupational health and safety for health workers in the context of COVID-19
Module 1: Infectious risks to health and safety
Module 2: Physical risks to health and safety
Module 3: Psychosocial risks to health and safety
Module 4: Basic occupational health and safety in health services.
Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) Minimum Service Package (MSP)
This is a resource for program directors, implementers, coordinators, and technical advisors for designing and coordinating comprehensive MHPSS programs. This is a free resource and anyone can register to use this, complete gap analyses in their settings, and obtain checklists for activity planning. A PDF download of the full MSP is available through the website.
Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Resources by WHO EMRO
Mental Health Resilience for Healthcare Professionals
After completion of this learning experience, participants should be able to:
- Discuss COVID-19 in the global context.
- Explain the psychological reactions to COVID-19
- Explain the strategies and methods to manage stress and build resilience.
- Integrate the psychological aspects of COVID-19 into patient care.
- Analyze and relate the consequences of COVID-19 and its aftermath to our psychological well-being going forward.
Provider well-being during COVID-19
This article highlights why healthcare workers during COVID-19 are experiencing chronic fatigue, stress, burnout, emotional exhaustion and feeling depersonalized. To protect mental wellbeing there are methods and interventions to help with coping, decrease burnout and reduce the risk of posttraumatic stress.
Salud y seguridad ocupacional para profesionales de la salud en el contexto de la COVID-19
Al finalizar este curso, los participantes deberán ser capaces de:
- describir los riesgos ocupacionales más frecuentes para la salud y la seguridad a los que están expuestos los profesionales de la salud durante su respuesta a la pandemia de COVID-19;
- describir los derechos del personal de salud a trabajar en unas condiciones dignas;
- describir cómo aplicar medidas para proteger su salud y su seguridad y proponer activamente las mejoras
- obtener acceso y usar los servicios de apoyo para la protección de la salud y la seguridad del personal de salud.